Whether for professional or home use, small gas chainsaws are the way to go. Hopefully, this review will help you find the best small gas chainsaw for your needs.
They are easy to carry because they are light. They are also almost noiseless. These chainsaws are very practical especially if you are planning to go for a trip to a cabin in the woods and you want to take advantage of the wood to fuel your stove or fire.
Then I suggest getting yourself one of these small chainsaws. They are also easy to maintain because of their small size. For professional lumberjacks, these tools are ideal for smaller jobs without the hassle of carrying heavy machinery to work. This a list of the best gas chainsaws.
What is the best small gas chainsaw for home use?
This is a 14 inch chainsaw that is suitable for home use. The 42cc engine enables it to be perfect for home use. You can use around your garden to make cuts on medium and small-sized trees giving your garden and home a more organized look.
It has an asymmetrical handle which simply means you have a good grip on it reducing any ergonomic issues. The technology used to make the engine has proven to reduce fuel consumption by a massive 20%. Other than that, it has an automatic oil procedure where you do not have to oil the chain as the machine does it automatically.
1. It has a 14″ Bar that is for the home user.
2. Has an asymmetrical handle
2. Has a 58 cc engine best for home use
3. Has an automatic oil change mechanism
1. May be overkill for the home user.
It can be carried anywhere with ease. It is perfect for cutting small branches making your home garden neat and organized. It is perfect for DIY projects in your home.
This chainsaw has an automatic oiling system. The chainsaw is not very noisy so you will not be distracting your neighbors or your family. The Husqvarna company offers a one year warranty.
1. Great compact saw for casual use
2. It weighs just 10.7
3. It has an automatic oiling system and easy start.
4. Excellent value for the price.
1. Not for cutting larger trees.
It is a good value saw for the price as it has all the features you would expect to find in the more expensive chainsaws in its class.
1. It has a 42cc 1.9hp powerful gas engine.
2. Easy to start and has an automatic oil supply system.
3. It is ergonomic and relatively light to use.
4. It has a quick stop chain brake for added safety.
1. Some users have reported oil leaks.
It is an 12-inch gas chainsaw. It has a 32cc 2 stroke engine. The brand has a 7 year warranty making it one of the best in the business. It reduces gas emissions and has zero smell. Apart from that, it is extremely light meaning you can carry it easily over a long distance. It also has an anti-vibration body.
This is an unusual chainsaw as it is a top handle which may be a bit strange if you normally use a standard saw. It has a Pure Fire engine that is innovative and produces ultra-low emissions.
1. It has an extremely efficient 2 stroke engine.
2. Very light at just 11.9 lbs
3. It comes with a 7 year warranty.
1. The top handle may be an issue for some.
2. Not cheap for a 12″ saw.
The machine is extremely easy to use and the powerful engine can easily cut through small trees and firewood. It has a 14-inch bar and low-kickback chain. Ideal saw for trimming around the home farm or ranch.
1. It is has a powerful 40cc gas engine.
2. It has a 14-inch bar with a low-kickback chain.
3. Started by a button push.
1. Spare parts may be difficult to source.
No need to worry about overheating when using this chainsaw because it has the power for the most demanding jobs.
The chains on this machine are strong and resistant to wear and tear. The handle on this bad boy is extremely comfortable and makes it easy to use as it reduces strain.
1. Has a powerful 62 cc gas engine.
2. The engine speed is 8500 rpm
3. Comes with a 20-Inch Guide Bar
1. Spare parts may be difficult to source.
Safety precautions that should be observed using any type of chainsaw.
1. You are advised to use these gas-powered chainsaws in ventilated areas to avoid fumes.
2. Read the manual before operating these machines
3. When using them, it is advised that you use the correct safety gear, gloves, headwear, and boots.
4. When you start cutting, you are advised to have both hands on the tool
5. Be cautious when fuelling, move it away from the point of fuelling.
6. Make sure the chain is in good condition and sharp and has the correct tension.
7. You should be in the right state of mind when operating it
8. You should not allow people to be near you when in use.
9. Attend a chainsaw operators course before you even purchase a saw.
When you purchase your chainsaw whether for home use or casual use make sure you understand how they work and how to operate one safely. You are operating on gasoline which is dangerous and highly flammable. You should have some knowledge when it comes to operating these machines. I advise getting one that is light yet compact. Your safety should be at the forefront.